CTE TEACHER REQUIREMENTS
Designated Subjects Career Technical Education (CTE) Teaching Credentials
Designated Subjects Career Technical Education (CTE) Credentials may be issued to individuals who meet the requirements for either the preliminary or clear credential as outlined below. All applications must be submitted for processing through a Commission-approved CTE program sponsor. See the Commission website for a list of Commission-approved program sponsors.
Emergency Designated Subjects Career Technical Education Permit 30-Day Substitute Teaching Service
This substitute teacher certification in California is when you want to sub in Career Technical Education (CTE) classes. Valid work experience in the industry that you want to teach in ranges can vary from self-employment to occupational internships to college-level course work. To see if you qualify for this permit, check the official document for this substitute teaching license.
- A license that allows you to serve as a substitute teacher for any classroom in any county as long as the employing agency completed a Statement of Need.
- It allows you to teach for only 30 days for any one teacher during the school year.
- Teaching will be part of technical, trade, or vocational education.
Requirements to Apply
- Proof of a high school diploma OR diploma based on the passage of the GED Test OR foreign equivalent of a high school diploma
- Verification of 3 years of work experience directly related to an industry sector
- Put together your application and prepare to send it! The app also contains info on what verification of work experience should look like.