• The Metropolitan Education District encourages the early, informal resolution of complaints at the site level whenever possible. Parents or guardians of students in the Metropolitan Education District are urged, therefore, to discuss their concerns directly with the school site employee(s) in question.

    In accordance with the California Code of Regulations and the California Education Code, the Metropolitan Education District has established the following procedures for handling different types of complaints. The types of complaints are listed below along with links to the corresponding complaint form.



    This complaint procedure governs complaints when addressing complaints alleging failure to comply with state and/or federal laws in (1) adult education, (2) consolidated categorical aid programs, (3) migrant education, (4) vocational education, (5) child care and development programs, (6) child nutrition programs, (7) special education programs, and (8) federal school safety planning requirements.

    The UCP form is available in the main office at all schools and on the District website:

     Complete the Uniform Complaint Procedures



    Complaints regarding the sufficiency of instructional materials, teacher vacancy or misassignment, emergency or urgent facilities conditions that pose a threat to the health and safety of students, and service for students who have completed grade 12, should be submitted in writing using the Williams UCP form. The Williams UCP form is available in the main office at all schools and on the District website.

    Complete the  Williams Uniform Complaint Procedures



    Every effort should be made to resolve the concerns of parents/guardians at the site or office level at the earliest possible stage. If a complainant is unable or unwilling to resolve the complaint directly with the employee, s/he may submit an oral or written complaint to the employee’s principal or immediate supervisor. A complaint related to a principal or district office administrator shall be initially filed in writing to the Superintendent. Complaints against the Superintendent shall be submitted, in writing, to the Board of Education.