STOPit Anonymous Reporting & Messaging
STOPit is an online reporting tool designed to deter and mitigate bullying, cyber abuse, and other inappropriate behaviors, consisting of an app and a back-end incident management system for school administrators.
Students have access to the STOPit mobile app, which has two simple but powerful features:
- Report can be used by students to report incidents to school contacts anonymously.
- Messenger can be used to engage in anonymous two-way communication with school contacts.
Access Code: MetroED
Alternate Web Browser Access: https://appweb.stopitsolutions.com/login
Both Report and Messenger empower students to stand up for themselves and for one another. Students have the power to help put an end to harmful and inappropriate behavior they see online through social media and other means. They can use STOPit to reach out for help if they or a peer are facing a personal crisis or experiencing bullying, abuse, or are otherwise in need of assistance. Our goal with STOPit is to create safer, kinder, school communities both online and off.
No student information is needed to use STOPit. The only way personally identifiable information will be accessible through STOPit is if a student voluntarily includes it within the content of a report or message.
More information and resources can be found online at stopitsolutions.com.
Parents: Frequently Asked Questions
What student information does the school or user need to provide to STOPit?
What information does STOPit obtain when using the app?
Is it really anonymous? Can the school find out who my child is through the STOPit app?
Can STOPit be used by children under the age of 13?
- The STOPit app (and its browser-based version) may be used by children under the age of 13. We urge parents to contact the school's administration to learn more about how the school uses STOPit and the data we provide them.
What information do you collect or share about my child, and what are my rights as a Parent?
Who receives the reports my child submits via STOPit?
- Reports and Messenger messages will be received by the contacts designated by the school. Please check with your school for more information.
Can I as a parent use the app to report incidents?
- We make STOPit available to parents and they may use STOPit to report incidents.